QuantaCell67 Spirulina it is the most nutritious, concentrated whole food known to humankind. It is a spiral-shaped, blue-green microalgae that grows naturally in the wild in freshwater lakes, natural springs, and saltwater. Its deep bluegreen color is what gives the water its greenish hue.
Spirulina is one of many species of microalgae, the super water – plant that has many health benefits. Most people don’t get the essential nutrients they need from food, so spirulina may solve a problem in many people’s diets.
Spirulina is a super-healthy food and not a supplement. It was the first food that has been referred to as a “superfood” for many years. Just one teaspoon of spirulina equals 5 servings of fruit and vegetables per day.
More than 2.000 medical research studies from around the world have been reported (as of April 2020), about safety and its health benefits, from supporting human health to simply boosting people’s everyday energy levels.
Spirulina is a wonderful food for people of all ages who need to eat what Mother Nature prescribes: Blue – Green superfood for super health.
Spirulina is easily digested due to its lack of cellulose cell walls, which means its nutrients are more bio-available.
Spirulina strenghtens the immune system and boosts energy levels.
Spirulina contains the Synergy of Potent Nutrients…
- Phycocyanin: The Power of “Blue” in Blue-Green Microalgae.
- Chlorophyll: The Great Detoxifier and blood Purifier.
- Complete Plant Protein: It contains 18 types of amino acids that our body needs (all 9 essentials amino acids).
- Sulfated Polysaccharides: Can Effectively Inhibit Viruses.
- Essential Fatty Acids: Enhances the Metabolic Rate of Our Bodies.
- GLA: Essential Fatty Acid for the Brain.
- Dietary Fibers: The Guardians of Intestinal Health.
- Alkaline Minerals: The Firewalls for The Human Body.
- Iron: For Richer Blood and Energy.
- Vital Vitamins: The Harmony & Balance of human Biochemistry.
- Vitamin B12: For Vegetarians and Vegans (analogue).
- Vitamin K: For Arterial and Bone Health.
- Trace Minerals: Pure Mountain Spring Water source.
- Phytochromes: Stimulators of our metabolism.
- Beta Carotene: Vital Antioxidant for Skin, Eyes, and Immune System.
- Zeaxanthin: The Antioxidant for the Retina, Lens, and Brain Tissue.
- S.O.D.: The Antioxidant Catalyst.
100% Organic Spirulina powder (Spirulina Platensis)
- Pure spirulina powder rich in biophotons.
- Grown from strong, healthy Spirulina microalgae strains.
- Fresh smell and taste (no nasty smell or taste, like fish-rancid oil).
- Cultivated outdoors under intense sunlight.
- Cultivated in osmosis or pure mountain spring water.
- Nourished with organic nutrients of plant origin.
- Harvested at the time of the highest nutrient density.
- Dried below 40° – raw food quality.
- Natural and processed without any additives.
- Stored and processed in geopathically and electromagnetically sanitized rooms.
- Certified Organic, Gluten-Free, Non-GMO.
- Suitable for: Vegan, Paleo, Keto diets.
- Naturally iodine-free.
Packed in dark amber glass jar to protect the raw spirulina powder from UV light.
Product origin: Taiwan
1 teaspoon (3g) daily
The suggested serving for Spirulina powder is three grams (3g) a day, at once or separately. Take organic Spirulina powder at least one hour before meals (on empty stomach for better digestion and assimilation).
Enjoy mixed in juice, smoothies, salad dressings. Add to your favorite raw food recipes to boost your healthy diet.
Must be dissolved in cold drinks or foods at room temperature, so the high nutrients & enzymes will not be lost by the heat.
More effective when sipped, rather than gulped down.
Spirulina is the perfect way to start your day, every day!
What are the health benefits of Spirulina?
- Spirulina contains all the nutrients that the human body needs
- Spirulina has the ability to inhibit viral reproduction
- Spirulina may reduce the risk of cancer and increases the antioxidant capacity.
- Spirulina is a powerful tonic for the immune system
- Spirulina actually enhances the body’s ability to generate new blood cells
- Spirulina has cholesterol lowering benefits
- Spirulina can cause improvement in heart artery function for lower blood pressure
- Spirulina has a profound effect weight reduction
- Spirulina is a useful supplement for cardiovascular health and for lowering cholesterol.
- Spirulina offers an excellent natural support in the struggle against putting on weight.
- Spirulina will keep you healthier and make you feel less hungry.
- Spirulina also acts as a functional food, feeding beneficial intestinal bacteria, especially Lactobacillus and Bifidus.
- Spirulina reduces digestion and constipation problems caused by pathogens like E.coli and Candida.
- Spirulina is considered an alkaline food, and will help your body toward more alkalinity
- Spirulina may support the detoxification process.
Does Spirulina have a fishy smell or bad flavor?
Unfortunately, spirulina is associated with an offensive fishy smell and an unpleasant bitter taste, that cannot be consumed with pleasure. This is attributed to the low quality of spirulina, that has flooded the market and comes mainly from countries such as India and China. Spirulina Quantacell 67 is sourced from the most reliable producer in the world, grown to the highest specifications and controlled by the world’s most trusted organizations. We guarantee a delightful smell and sweet irresistible taste, that is addictive when combined with apple juice, grape juice or even with your favorite smoothie.
How much Spirulina should I take each day?
Spirulina powder is considered a whole green food, not medicine or a drug and should be treated like that.
Whilst the maintenance intake is 3-5 grams daily for a healthy individual, for more energy this can increase to 6-10 grams per day. Many athletes and fit people who practice a lot of sports, take about 20g – 40g every single day. For better digestion and assimilation, you must always gradually increase the dose ( 3-5g every other week),which promotes and speeds up recovery (especially during some illness). Please don’t forget to consume your Spirulina powder with plenty of water (at least a cup/250ml per single serving).
How should Spirulina be taken?
One level teaspoon contains approximately 3-5grams. Do not swallow powder on its own. Consume Spirulina always with at least a cup of juice or smoothie and follow 1-2 hours later with a glass of water (250-400 ml).If you prefer the suggested daily dose in one go, we recommend that this should be taken at breakfast or before noon. Alternatively, it can be taken at several intervals throughout the day, but best times are around meal times and preferably half hour to one hour prior to any heavy – cooked meal. Light sleepers, may avoid taking spirulina too late in the evening, due to energizing effects. Avoid taking Spirulina with warm water or hot drinks (tea, coffee) as heat can destroy some of the Spirulina nutrients and enzymes.
Is the vitamin B12 found in Spirulina useable?
According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the vitamin complex B12 is found in spirulina and is available for humans for absorption. On the contrary, the United States government’s department of agriculture, argues that the vitamin B12 found in Spirulina is a pseudo-element and therefore not usable for the human body. Our many years of experience with patients, athletes and especially strict vegans, fruitarians and raw foodiests, has proved that Spirulina B12 is not absorbable and therefore not reliable. For this reason we always recommend the intake of B12 supplementation in inject able form, in the form of chewable tablets (as a sublingual) or even better the consumption of Quantacell67 Chlorella powder.
Are there any side effects when taking Spirulina?
- Patients with Phenylketonuria are forbidden from taking Spirulina. The product may contain Phenylalanine
- Pregnant women, children and those taking prescription medications, must consult a physician or qualified therapist before taking Spirulina
Allergic reactions to Spirulina are extremely rare, but if you are sensitive to any Algae or you have an intolerance, always consult your physician before any consumption. Some people may experience a strong cleansing action when they are first take spirulina. Therefore, it is generally recommended to introduce Spirulina powder gradually into your diet. Your body will adapt over a period of 10-30 days, allowing you to take more. In the very rare case that you sense any negative effects during or after taking Spirulina, please discontinue its use immediately and consult your physician.
Can I take Spirulina along with other medication?
Spirulina is 100% natural whole food and should not affect any medicines taken. If any medication is taken for the following two conditions, take not that all green foods (green leafy vegetables, micro greens, algae) may interact with their effectiveness:
Spirulina may increase the function of the immune system. By increasing the immune system, this algae might decrease the effectiveness of medications, that are used to decrease the immune system (immunosuppressant’s) or to control other autoimmune diseases.
Spirulina is rich in Vitamin K. Vitamin K is used by the body to help blood clot. Warfarin (Coumadin) medication is used to slow blood clotting. By helping the blood clot, this algae might reduce the effectiveness of warfarin (Coumadin).
There are no reports in the scientific literature to suggest that Spirulina interacts with any conventional medications. However, it is possible that Spirulina might interfere with drugs given to suppress the immune system. We strongly advise always, to consult your doctor before taking any supplements
Can I take Spirulina when pregnant or nursing?
Spirulina can be included in the daily diet before, during and after pregnancy. While women are pregnant, the baby in their body will rapidly absorb nutrients. Spirulina has a high nutritional value for both the mother and her unborn child. In addition, it provides a complete and balanced nutrient profile – including folic acid, selenium, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), iron and complete protein – which are often taken as synthetic supplements. Spirulina is considered a safe whole food for a lactating mother, who pass exceptional nutrition to her baby through her breast milk. However, we always advice, to check with your physician before beginning any new supplementation.
Is it safe for children to consume Spirulina?
Spirulina is safe and beneficial for children of all ages. This green superfood supplement has all the essential nutrients the children need. They stimulate cell growth, they strengthen their immune system and they have a high omega oil content, which is valuable for the concentration and brain power of children. The daily dose for children must always be between 1/4 or ½ of the adult daily allowance (500mg – 2g).We suggest that you consult with a pediatrician before gining spirulina to your child. Spirulina is a remarkable green whole food, especially for children, who don’t like or do not get enough vegetables in their diet.
What is the difference between Spirulina and Chlorella?
Spirulina is a blue-green algae with a dark green – blue color, whereas Chlorella is a green algae, with a light green colour. The nutritional profiles are very similar. In general, Spirulina tends to have a slightly higher percentage of protein, iron, zinc, plus a number of essential fatty acids, including gamma-linoleic acid. It also contains phycocyanin (the blue colour). Chlorella likewise, includes many of these nutrients, but the difference is that chlorella also contains vitamin B-12, which your body can absorb and utilize properly. Chlorella is richer in chlorophyll than Spirulina and contains a unique complex called Chlorella Growth Factor. Chlorella is better known for detoxifying and Spirulina for boosting our immune health.
Most people often try to decide which is better. We always advise to take both. Take these two green super foods together or take them alternately. Taking either Spirulina or Chlorella will benefit you tremendously.